Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Traffic lights....

So all of last week my friend Myles was bothering some of us in class to come to this party at his place. It was actually supposed to be his roommate's birthday party, but he decided to invite all of the "cool" people from class to it. Well... Nadine, the other girl in my class, and I decided to go there about 7pm, just to be nice and early... Well... We forgot to get mix, and I forgot my money, so we did a bit of running around. Finally got there, and the only one we knew was Myles. There were a few people that they knew, but Nadine and I were total strangers. Introductions went around, but the only one whose name I can still remember is Reuben, Myles' roommate. Real hottie, just the right amount of muscle, in the military, in other words, yummy... Well... After a while, Nadine and I decide to start calling people to get them to come... We got two other people from our class, and the girlfriend of one of them.
At around 10pm we decided to get going to the bar to beat the lineup... We managed to do that more or less, but when we got into the bar, it sucked. No pool tables, no foosball, nothing. Nadine seemed to like that bar, but it was more for dancing. Some of our friends couldn't even come in because of what they were wearing. We left pretty quick, except for Nadine, who decided to wait for her roommate.
The bar that we all agreed to go to was awesome. It had pool tables, fooseball, and even couches... It's most certainly my new favorite bar. We played pool for hours... Reuben and I were playing partners with a couple of guys from my class, and we even won $10 on that game! It was great!
Well, the sober drivers (the people that were from our class!) got tired and left... At this point, it was just Myles, Reuben, his sister, some guy from way back in school they knew, a friend of Reuben's, and me. It was closing time, so we walked out... Then we realized we had no way to go home. Someone went back in and got a phone number for a cab company and called it. They said they'd be right over. Well... Someone saw the signpost with the Walk and Don't Walk lit signs on it... That someone was Reuben's friend... Who happens to be very tall... He decided to play with the wing nuts on the side of it and found out they unscrewed easily. He took off all of them, and wonder of all wonders, it swung open. He decided to steal a bulb. Of course, we were all pretty drunk at this point... But he got scared and put it back, then settled for just leaving the thing open.
We were still waiting for a taxi, when we saw one coming. Turns out it was for someone else. The same with the next 10 or so that came up. We called again, and the company said they'd be along shortly. Again. Eventually, a van taxi pulled up and dropped off a bunch of people. We practically jumped the poor guy, because we'd been waiting for half an hour already. We got home, and Myles went to bed. Party pooper, that one. The old friend guy was pretty sick, and then passed out on the living room floor. Reuben's friend and his sister both pretty much fell asleep on the couch, Reuben kept drinking, and I sat up with him for some unkown reason... Maybe the fact that I hate to be among the first to bed.
Well, Reuben, his sister, his friend, and I sat up talking for a couple of hours. At around 4, Reuben's sister said "Reuben, make me a sandwich!", and he agreed to. He then turned to me and asked, practically begged, to get me to help him. I agreed to it, there was nothing else to do, so we went into the kitchen and proceeded to make it. Really tasty looking. It had ham, lettuce, tomatoes, mustard, and mayo, all on rye bread. We even cut it in half. His sister ate it, and then his friend decided he wanted one too, so we went back and made another one. While we were busy making sandwhiches, Reuben asked me if I was self-conscious at all... And complimented me repeatedly about my breasts... I guess that was brought on because I was wearing a very low v-neck top and he was more than a little drunk...
A while later, out of the blue, Reuben asked if I had a boyfriend. I told him I did, and he said he'd quit trying, and wondered why I hadn't told him earlier, so he wouldn't have wasted all that time and effort, although I didn't know what he was talking about... After more talking, at around 5, I got tired and bored and decided to go to bed. The only sleeping area was Reuben's bed, so I warned him I was stealing it and that I didn't want any company, and crawled into his leopard-print bed. Yes, leopard print. Complete bedset, lol... I almost did laugh out loud upon seeing it. But the bed was really comfy... And quiet... I jumped on it and it didn't make any of the horrid creaking noises mine makes... Mine sounds like it's about to fall to pieces...
Anyways, I crawled into bed, and Reuben comes to the doorway and says "but it's my bed...". I gave some sarcastic answer and he left. About 20 minutes later, he does the same. I told him if he promised to be a good boy, I might let him sleep in his own bed. He went out again and must've been talking to his friend, because I'd just gotten to sleep when I was woken up to the fact that the music had been turned off and someone was coming into the room. He crawled into bed, and laid a nice appropriate distance away from me. I told him it was freezing in his room, and he told me I was crazy, but then again, I get that answer a lot, so I suppose I'm just cold blooded.
I started falling asleep again, when he rolled over and cuddled up against me. I decided that was fine, I was cold, and we were both fully clothed, so no harm could come of it... Although I was rather drunk, so maybe that's not 100% what I was thinking.... Anywho. Where was I? Oh yes. In bed. With Reuben. Well, a little bit of time passed, and he started groping. I, being drunk, had no problems with this. Encouraged him, even. So his hands start wandering all over me. He knew exactly what to do, that's for sure. I warned him he'd better not leave a mark, so he kind of agreed... I wouldn't have said anything, but he was a bit rough... Had me turned on in far less time that even Pete can do. Well, things started heating up, and he started taking my clothes off. Some half-intelligent part of me surfaced, and I told him I wasn't going any furthur with him unless he had a condom. He thought about it for a moment, and then swore. He got up, did a quick search of his drawers, and walked out. I could hear him asking his one friend if he had any, but everyone was asleep and didn't want to talk to him.
He came back in, found a cigarette, and went out again. After some time, he came back in and cuddled up behind me again. I got comfortable, and he told me that I was a big tease. He said all sorts of things, but mostly that he'd never been turned on so much by a girl before. I told him he was lucky I wasn't trying, or he'd be in real trouble. And I hadn't been trying. In fact, I'd just been enjoying what he'd been doing. He tossed and turned a bit, but couldn't get to sleep with me in bed with him, so he went into the living room and slept on the floor.
I guess I slept for a while, I don't really remember. Eventually I went back into the living room because I heard voices. Stayed in there for a while, then decided to sleep. Reuben's friend had stolen my bed, so I stole a pillow and blanket and went into Myles' bedroom, suprised him pretty good, and crashed on his floor. This was about 7am. At about 10:30 or so, he woke up and turned on the computer. That woke me up, so I went back in the living room. The only time I saw Myles after that was when he surfaced for air. A real computer geek, that one.
Well, I sat and talked with strangers while Reuben continued to sleep on the floor. Eventually he woke up. At some point we shared the remenants of some raspberry sherbert he found in the freezer. Nobody mentioned the previous night. Everyone but Myles and I left around 4pm so they could get to a social for someone in Reuben's family, and I got Myles to give me a ride home. Oh yes, and at some point during that long night, I negotiated a place for a bookcase in their apartment, because it's huge, and I needed a place to store my books, so I'll be over there a lot when I move it in. First I have to find a bookcase, though. I'll be taking my books over there next week, but Reuben won't be there at all that week. I suppose that's a good thing. Well, tomorrow night is bar night, and I'm gonna try to get both of them to show at the bar. Then I'm gonna go home Friday for Beef n' Barley... It's a big homecoming thing back home. Everyone shows. Should be lots of fun. Lots of booze. All that good stuff. Well, until next time, I'm off.

No comments: