Friday, October 06, 2006

Turkeys

Well, last night my roommate and I went to Houston's, one of the local bars. What a night. Originally I was supposed to drive, and we were to come home early because my roomie had an exam today, but her guy "friend" told us he and his brother would give us a ride, so we agreed. Big mistake. We were gonna aim for being home no later than 1am. We didn't leave till closing, which is about 2:30am. Oops.
We got there around 10:15pm, which, it turns out, was just the right time, because after we got to the door, a large rush occurred and the bar got packed very quickly. As usual, we headed straight upstairs to the pool tables. A quick survey of the area turned up Myles. He'd told me he was going to stay home, but turns out his brother and roommate conned him into drinking right after school, so he was pretty drunk by this time. His roommie was there too, and still looks pretty decent, so it wasn't just the drunk goggles last weekend.
We challenged a table, then another table was abandoned, so we quickly moved to it. We made sure to keep a nice line of money up to discourage others from challenging us, and it worked well for a while. I was shooting horribly, and couldn't shoot to save my life. I played Myles, and even he beat me! When that happened, I went over to talk to Reuben, who was playing pool across the room. He made fun of me for losing to Myles! Then again, I deserved it. Nobody loses to Myles, especially when he's that drunk.
Well, the inevitable occured and someone challenged us. We lost the table pretty quickly
when that happened. Of course, this was getting fairly late, so we went down to the shooter bar and tried some Gladiators. The recipe for them is as follows:

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 oz Amaretto
  • 1/2 oz Southern Comfort
  • 2 oz Orange juice
  • 2 oz 7-Up

Mixing instructions:

Mix 1/2 oz Amaretto with 1/2 oz Southern Comfort. Drop into glass of 2 oz orange juice mixed with 2 oz 7-up.

__________________________________________

Mmm.... Soooooo good.... Well, by this time I was getting quite drunk. I'd spent almost all of my money, and my roommate had bought me a few (I only went with $25, tho, b/c that was all the money I had in the world). Back upstairs we went, and eventually the people who had the table got bored and left, so we got it back. That was when Myles and I decided to challenge my roommate and her friend. Big mistake. They can't play pool to save their lives, but they beat us. Badly.

At this point, the bouncers were chasing us downstairs because the upstairs part closes at 1:30-2:00, depending on how fast they can chase everyone away from the pool tables. We decided to go sit downstairs fairly close to the door until we found my roommate's friend's brother and Reuben. Well, we found both eventually, but we didn't want to leave. Michelle (my roommate), and I were having fun stealing ice from Myles and throwing it at one another. He put his arm in front of me, and I snapped at him. He said that I wouldn't dare bite him, so I did.

Well, apparantly he doesn't learn too well, because he put his arm up again, and I bit him again. I lost count of how many times I did... Made some nice marks. Suprisingly enough, there wasn't a mark on him today. At least he was in worse shape than me today, because I could make fun of him.

The total for the night? Ten drinks, many dollars wasted on pool... Lots of great looks, because I was wearing my bright orange boots again. Reuben told me he loved them every time he saw me. It's nice being a cheap drunk. Only would've cost me $35 if I'd paid for the night. Anyways, Pete just got back from work and we're going home now. It's Thanksgiving weekend, so I don't know when I'll be back.

No comments: